Aug 28, 2009

Dead By Sunrise Songs

Here are a few bits from a great writeup about Dead By Sunrise that was posted earlier on their myspace...

Just how real surprised even Bennington. “‘Let Down’ was about the experience of getting divorced,” he says. “I know who I am, that I’m a romantic person, and that I like being in love. I don’t want to repeat the same things that happened to me in my previous relationship in the next one.”
Unlike many artists, Bennington has no problems sharing the demons and struggles he’s gone through. “I don’t have a problem with people knowing that I had a drinking problem,” he says. “This is just who I am, this is what I write about, this is what I do. Most of my work has been a reflection of what I’ve gone through in one way or another. My life was falling apart, so I wrote about getting divorced, and diving very hard into alcohol and drugs throughout the process.”
As he says, a new house was built. And out of his pain, Bennington found new love, which is celebrated on both “Give Me Your Name,” a song he wrote about asking his wife to marry him, and “Into The Darkness,” which he describes as “about the act of making love with someone you feel deep love for.”
Read more...
 
Images by Freepik